The DNA of Commitment
Some people have the commitment, drive and discipline to achieve things while others seem to lack these three attributes causing them to experience mediocrity or outright failure.
These committed, driven disciplined people find a way to do what needs doing and then they do it. And they don’t quit until they get desired results. They don’t let their past or their personal circumstances keep them away from doing what needs to be done. They have an indomitable spirit. People like this are envied.
If that is the kind of person you want to be then you must learn the source of commitment so you can plug into it any time you want!
The definition of commitment is this: Doing what you said you would do long after the mood you said it in has left you. If that is true, and it is, then where does commitment come from and how can you get more of it?
Some people think that they lack the will power to give them the necessary; that commitment comes from will power. But it is the exact opposite. Besides will power is worthless if your heart is set on something else. Albert Einstein once said: “When imagination is pitted against willpower, willpower loses.” Einstein’s quote holds the first clue as to where commitment comes from.
Other, more obvious clues are found in these quotes:
“It seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities but its own talents.” Eric Hoffer
“Ignore what a man desires and you ignore the very source of his power.” Walter Lippman
“The first principal of success is desire. If you care enough for a result, you will most certainly get it.” Robert Collier
A Core DesiresÔ is a genuine, deep-seated, intense longing that pierces you to the very core of your being. It is something you want with ALL your heart. You’re not half-hearted (50%) or eighty percent about it. Only this kind of a deep, heartfelt desire can cause you to put forth the necessary effort, for as long as it takes to make that Core Desire become a reality. If need be, you will willingly do things that are out of your comfort zone. You will not buckle or give up even when you are facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Talk about commitment! That’s where it comes from!
Core Desires are not mere wishes. They aren’t dreams or hopes. It isn’t “need to” or a “should” or an “ought to”. They are gut wrenching, deep and absolute things we really, really want. We all have many Core Desires in every area of life. In creating results, your Core Desires reign supreme.
Core DesiresÔ automatically give you the commitment, discipline and enthusiasm needed to achieve high levels of success…in anything.
When you want or desire something very badly with ALL your heart an amazing thing happens! It automatically flips on the switch to a power that is already there inside you. I call it the Conquering Force.
Some would call it commitment, determination, drive, dedication. All are accurate and Core Desires are the sole source of all of these elements. If it is not a Core Desire you won’t be very committed or dedicated. Some would identify it as a relentless pursuit. I say you won’t pursue something relentlessly unless it is “worth it”, i.e. a Core Desire.
Once you learn to unleash the power of your Conquering Force by drilling down to the Core Desires in all areas of your life, you will find your life filled with more success; more joy and satisfaction….and balance. Notice I said learn. Tapping into your Conquering Force happens automatically when you learn to correctly identify your Core Desires.
Jack M. Zufelt
“Mentor to Millions”
Author of the #1 Best Selling Book
The DNA of Success
And several best selling audio programs
Sold in 50 countries
Join me on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/jackzufeltfan
ABOUT JACK ZUFELT
Jack’s book, The DNA of Success, has catapulted him into the limelight as a celebrity business consultant, keynote speaker and trainer all around the world.
- Jack is the Author of the #1best selling book, The DNA of Success which is now in 15 languages.
- Jack was awarded the Presidential Medal of Merit by a President of the United States.
- He was honored by the United States Senate for teaching Americans how to achieve better results in their personal lives and careers.
- He has been interviewed on over 2,000 radio and TV talk shows including The Today Show in Australia. PBS aired a special on Jack and his concepts that was sent via satellite to 127 countries.
- He is listed as a “Who’s Who” of Human Potential Superstars and the “Best of the Best” by the world famous Nightingale-Conant. They featured his best selling audio-tape series on the cover of their catalog. This audio program was featured in SUCCESS magazine … twice.
- Jack been featured on the cover of many other magazines that published articles written by, or about, him in several countries including America, Canada, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Thailand.