52 Great Management Tips by Eric
About The Book:
Over the course of the year, I published 52 columns on a wide variety
of management topics inspired by questions from readers, important business
trends, and core management values and activities. Then, at year end, I
organized them in a way to help you answer the following questions.
• Ok, you were promoted to manager. Now what?
• What is your management style and is it effective?
• How can you successfully lead your team?
• How do you deal with difficult employees?
• How do you effectively communicate with others?
• What is the hardest part about hiring new people?
• As a manager, what processes do you need to know, and why?
• How do you deal with issues such as privacy, gossip and office jokes?
A former CIO, today Eric P. Bloom is the
President and Founder of Manager Mechanics LLC, a company specializing in
Information Technology (IT) leadership development and IT soft skills training.
Eric’s expertise, as can be seen on his website www.ManagerMechanics.com, are
in the areas IT leadership training, IT business/soft skills training, and the
effect of major technology trends, such as big data, cloud computing, mobility,
and social media on IT Talent Management.
He is also a keynote speaker, weekly writer for ITworld.com, former nationally
syndicated columnist with GateHouse Media, certified executive coach, Adjunct
Research Advisor for IDC in IT Talent Management and IT Organizational
Development, President of National Speakers Association (NSA) New England and
the author of various books, including “The CIO’s Guide to Staff Needs,
Growth, and Productivity: What your IT Staff Wants to Know and his Afraid
to Ask.” and “Your IT Career: Get Noticed, Get Promoted, and Build Your